Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Contentment


My life is not where I want it. I have not done what I know I could. I cannot seem to achieve that which I know is within my reach. I fear that I am not up for the challenge. I push myself harder and feel like I am just treading water and can't even keep my head up. My life is turning into a whirlwind and I cannot keep up. I forget what is important and remember what doesn't really matter. I know where I want to be, but cannot find my way there. I want to please God but instead I do what my flesh wants. I dream big but cannot reach them. I am years behind on my projects and cannot seem to catch up. So I work harder and get nowhere.
I began to think maybe it is not that I am not where I want to be, but maybe I am where God wants me. Am I looking for God's for what God wants to teach me here? Or am I pushing harder just trying to get where I want to be? Am I looking for security in myself instead of God? Life is difficult but am I making it harder for myself by trying to mold my life into my mold instead of His. Maybe I should be enjoying what God has given me instead of pushing for other things.
This doesn't mean that I should just give up no I still need to give God my all! Am I really giving my all for him? Or have I been giving my all for me.

Am I content with where God wants me?
Will I be satisfied with Him alone?

No comments: