Sunday, March 20, 2011

Giving up




Today I was thinking about the way that I am living my life, and I realized that I have not been putting God first instead I have been trying to control my life and be the captain of my soul. Yes I have added God in and tried to think that he held the rains to my life, and I did let Him run my life to a point. Yet I am trying to constantly run my own life. I am no longer living for God instead I take what God told me to do and push it and try to fit it in to my mold instead of letting him run my life. I think that God wants to run my life but yet I feel if I let him have it all, He will ruin it. The more that I try to manage my life the more I hate the way my life is turning out! God has giving me so much and yet I cannot enjoy it because I don't fully trust him with everything. I worry about this and that and even don't ask God about something's because I don't want his answer or because I don't trust that he has good in store for me. I doubt the one who gave me everything and more. Now I am realizing how foolish I have been and how far my eyes have strayed from the cross. I want to put my priorities back in order and put God first!
God I am giving up take all of me!

1 Sam 12:24
24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! That's just what I have been struggling with!