Monday, March 9, 2009

Living and Dying


I cannot beleive that it has been a month since I last wrote! time continues by in a streak of lightning today it is today and the next thing you know another year has slipped its way pass. So much has happend and yet so little really changed. I have been busy and as always getting seamingly nothing done. Today I picked up "The Normel Man" by DR cho and was captivated by a short part about dying with Christ. I was not all that surprised as he related that we died with Christ, but the time of our death was when Christ died (it is all in the past tense) meaning that we have already died! know I know that it sounds good and that yes to a point we did die with Christ, but if that is the case then why does my dead self raise its head up in my life? and that same dead self dosn't act dead! even more clearly the apostle Paul in 1 Cor 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.KJV says that he dies daily. I think maybe even though the work is done on the cross that daily we must walk and live that death out in our lives! Not that we didn't die with christ but that we must stay and continue to live in that death that we can then raise and live new in Christ!

No comments: